In joining the Dante Alighieri Committee a few months ago, I wanted to find out if students of the Dante scuola favoured an informal student association. We each attend lessons and come to know our classmates, without seeing most of the other people who make up the school roll.
- Do you see benefit in building on your learning by meeting or networking with others between lessons?
- Would you find having a Facebook page for Dante students useful? (e.g. ask if someone can clarify a piece of grammar, post an item related to Italy and the language)
- On the social side, would you like there to be student get-togethers? This could be a chance to meet others at the same level as yourself, try to speak a phrase or two in Italian.
- Students in my Intermediate 1 class with Wilma have shared emails, and I think this is useful and could see us begin to network and build study focused relationships.
- Maria has students who meet informally to go over the learning from class.
There are plenty of things that could be done, but if you’re interested, what would YOU like?
Please contact me, I’d love to hear your ideas.