The main celebration takes place in the capital with performances from military bands, and a huge military parade passes through central Rome. Smaller celebrations can be seen in many other cities and towns. The highlight is the flyover by Frecce Tricolori, Italy's Air Force. The planes fly over the Altare della Patria monument, leaving a trail of green, white and red smoke. Each year a wreath is also laid at this Altare della Patria, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, where an eternal flame burns.
To celebrate this significant day The Dante Society in Christchurch has organised an Italian Aperitivo at Casamassima.
Join us on Saturday 2nd June at Casamassima Italian Fare, 48 Salisbury Street, Christchurch from 6:00 till 8:00pm to celebrate this significant day with an Aperitivo and some traditional Italian Food.
• Taglieri di affettati assortiti (Assorted cold cuts platters)
• Taglieri di formaggi assortiti abbinati a composte e salsine dalla nostra selezione (Assorted aged cheeses platters with our special chutneys and compotes matched together)
• Piatti di Focaccie miste calde (mixed Hot Focaccia platters): Focaccia di Recco, Pizzata, Focaccia al Pesto, Focaccia con le cipolle Focaccia Genovese calda (Focaccia Genovese style)
• Prosecco: One glass of prosecco Private Cuvèe Zardetto is included in the quoted price. Any extra drinks will be charged at $6.00 each
• Bibite Extra (Extra Drinks): al consumo (everyone pays separately for what they will have as extra drinks, not included in the offer: wine, beer, soft drinks, coffee, liqueurs and spirits)
To confirm your booking pay the amount of $22.00 per person to: 117800-0054463- 11 indicating clearly your name, and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us.
Alternatively you can pay by cheque, made out to the Dante Alighieri Society and send it to Mr Lindsay Serra, 21 Cairnbrae Drive, Prebbleton 7604. Please send an email to email@example.com to inform us.
Places are limited and there will be no door sales.
Any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Jan on 351-9796.